LEX Honor Society
LEX Scholarship Information
AAfPE sponsors an annual research and writing competition. Only for students from an institution with an approved LEX chapter, as of January 1, 2015, are eligible. Students research and write on a legal issue formulated by the LEX Committee. AAfPE awards up to five (5) LEX scholarships. Winning essays are published in the The Paralegal Educator, the official publication of AAfPE.
2015 LEX Scholarship forms
1. Who may submit an application for a LEX Scholarship?
Any student who is registered as a full or part time student in a school that has a LEX Chapter may submit an application.
2. How many scholarships are awarded each year?
AAfPE awards up to five (5) scholarships each year.
3. How much is the scholarship award?
Each scholarship is $500.
4. How can the scholarship money be used?
The scholarship award is made payable to the student winner and is to be used to continue the pursuit of the student’s paralegal education.
5. May the scholarship be transferred and used at another school?
6. What is the deadline for submitting an application?
Application materials must be postmarked on or before February 27, 2015.
7. What documents must be submitted?
- An essay of 500 to 750 words (two to three doubled spaced typed pages) on the topic selected by the LEX Scholarship Committee. Essays should be written with standard margins and type size; applicants should be aware that going over the maximum page and word limits may result in point deductions.
- A completed LEX Scholarship Application
- A completed LEX Scholarship Certification and Permission to Print form.
- A letter indicating the applicant is a student in good standing from a faculty member.
8. When will the scholarship be awarded?
The scholarship will be awarded prior to the end of spring the academic year.
9. Where can I find the application?
Each AAfPE Program Director who has a LEX Chapter will receive the scholarship application and will make it available to their students. The scholarship application is also available by clicking the link for the application listed above.
10. If a student has applied in the past, can they submit a new application for the current year?
Yes, even a past recipient may apply.